I love popcorn!! At our house it is common to have popcorn for dinner. I currently have an air-popper, although for many years I made popcorn on the stove-top. I recently bought my brother and his family a silicon microwave popcorn air-popper from Amazon and they said it works great! My niece calls it Aunt Kim popcorn.
Here are my tried and true popcorn tips:
- If you love popcorn like I do get an air popper. Either the microwave one or the plug in kind (mine is by Cuisinart).
- Butter is essential. I use 2-3 Tablespoons of butter per 1/4 cup of un-popped popcorn kernels.
- 1/4 cup of kernels is enough for one person for dinner, or two people for snacks.
- I melt the butter in a separate small saucepan.
- I slice one clove of garlic into the butter while its melting and the popcorn is popping.
- Once the popcorn is ready and in its serving bowl I remove the garlic slices before pouring the butter all over the popcorn.
- I now add Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste, 1/4 tsp chipotle powder, and Kraft Parmesan cheese (the green canister). You can add anything here! Truffle salt! Old Bay Seasoning! Taco Seasoning! Go crazy.
- The most of the Parmesan cheese will fall off but it will be waiting at the bottom of the bowl and you can dredge the popcorn in it.
Let me know what you think!